To paraphrase my mother, when it rains, it northern downpours. This morning as I groggily checked my newsfeed while still wearing boxer shorts and yesterday's (okay Saturday's) makeup, I was bombarded by Panic! At The Disco. Not a bad thing to be bombarded by.
While it was known that Panic! was in the studio, there was no word on a new album or any music, really, aside from their supporting role on the upcoming FOB arena tour.
Today, we get a new single and a new video, and the promise of a new album "Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!" on October 8th. They'll be doing a small club tour in the US and some European dates as well.
Here are my thoughts on the video, as well as what you actually care about, which is the real video without my commentary.
1. So this is why Brendon was vining from Vegas
2. Huh this is more than six seconds long #vineatthedisco
3. What's with all the FBR videos being blue filtered in high color contrast with fire starring as itself #mysongsknowwhatyoudidatthedisco
4. OH SWEET GRAVY THAT BEAT THAT HOOK SOMEBODY HOLD ME
5. Shit this song has to go in my musical
6. Dammit his voice sounds so good
7. That motherfucking exclamation point
8. Lolo is a perfect addition to this song hot damn
9. This album is going to be so good
Brendon also managed to do about five hundred interviews, including one with my favorite radio station 104.5 Philadelphia and MTV. Brendon described the album as somewhat of a response and homage to Las Vegas as he grew up with it and rediscovered it.