Back in September I talked about designing merch for the band Messenger Down.
What we thought was the final product was rejected by the printers because the grays were considered colors, and they would have cost extra to print. So I went in and removed the grays, and changed the shading to crosshatching and line work.
This took a long time to figure out, especially to remove the gray shading that had comprised the majority of the shield.
It wasn't looking great, so I went back in, added new grays, and made sure the whole image was tonal blacks instead of colored grays. The printer sent it back again, so I went back into the line drawing one more time. Eventually Amanda decided it would be better for the design to keep it as a line drawing and add a single color. So the black and gray shield became a black and red shield.
This is a lesson in working with printers. Everything could work fine but it isn't over until you get the okay from the printer.
But after three months of working on this, I finally got the final product in the mail!